Community: a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals.
23 So now we must cling tightly to the hope that lives within us, knowing that God always keeps his promises! 24 Discover creative ways to encourage others and to motivate them toward acts of compassion, doing beautiful works as expressions of love. 25 This is not the time to pull away and neglect meeting together, as some have formed the habit of doing, because we need each other! In fact, we should come together even more frequently, eager to encourage and urge each other onward as we anticipate that day dawning.
The Goal of a predator is to isolate its prey.
“We must pay the most careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.” Hebrews 2:1
“How much more will the blood of Christ who through eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purifying our conscience from dead works to serve the living God”
3 Tips for Breakthrough
- Be a friend to make a friend.
- Be the person you want to be around.
- Know that community is a marathon not a sprint.
How to Set Your Spiritual Thermostat:
- Bring your family together. Sit around the table together or in your living room. Put your phones away.
- Discuss this topic
- Pray together and ask Holy Spirit for input. Ask Him what atmospheres you’ve set that you need to change.
- Decide as a family what the atmosphere of your home will include.
- Hold each other accountable.
- Empower your children by giving them permission to [respectfully] point out when you or your spouse or their siblings forget and/or fall short.
- Set a pattern for your families memory. When the thermostat kicks on, remind them that they’re thermostats, too!