Safely hosting in-person service
We’ve created a plan for safely hosting in-person services with you in mind. We know there are many differing opinions and points of view, and we want to honor you regardless of how you feel about our current situation. While we are not fearful, we’ve made plans hoping to help everyone feel as comfortable as possible regardless of their stance.
As always, we are committed to providing a safe and sanitized service. However, we’ve taken extra preparation steps and redesigned our services to create a sanitary, touchless environment that allows for physical distancing.
Here are steps that have been/will be taken to prepare for services:
• The entire facility has been sanitized and disinfected by a professional company to neutralize all virus up to 99.9%.
• The facility will be deep cleaned prior to all in-person services.
• The facility will be cleaned and disinfected in-between the 9:00am and 11:15am services.
• Installed new air filters that remove 95% of airborne bacteria and viruses.
• Ventilation will be increased as weather permits, with cross ventilation in the lobby area and sanctuary doors remaining open.
• As alwways, hand sanitizer will be available in the facility.
• There will be only one point of entry and exit – the South-East (café) Entrance.
• Attenders will have access to the restrooms and auditorium only.
• The café and lobby will become an aisle for entry directly into the sanctuary.
• The distance between rows has been increased, reducing the number of seats available in the auditorium.
• Continue to receive offering in our normal manner with giving boxes located in the back of the auditorium.
• At the conclusion of service, ushers will dismiss attendees from back to front, exiting the way you entered.
• Consider the parking lot as the lobby. Feel free to visit outside as you practice social distancing.
• Security will be provided.
Here are steps we encourage you to take to help us open safely:
• Check your temperature before coming to service.
• Stay home and watch online if you are ill and/or have a fever.
• Observe social distancing. Please sit as a family unit, allowing a chair between you and those who live outside your family.
• Once you’ve been seated, please stay in your seats. If you’d like to visit with others, please do so from your seat.
• Inside the building, please refrain from touching, shaking hands, hugging, or other physical contact.
• Use the restroom before you come to service to reduce the number of people who use the restroom.
• Bring your own hand sanitizer.
• Bring your own tissue/Kleenex.
We will host two services at 9:00am and 11:15am. To help us better prepare, we ask that you register for the service you plan to attend. To register, click REGISTRATION in the upper righ-hand portion of this page.
At this time, River Kids will not meet, and childcare will not be available, so please include your children in registration. We will provide coloring sheets and crayons for children 10 and under. If you’d prefer, feel free to bring a tablet or iphone with headphones for your children. Please keep your child/children with you at all times. Should they need to use the restroom, please go with them.
Doors will open 15 minutes prior to the start of service. We ask that you enter as a family unit, go directly through the lobby and into the auditorium, sitting with your family unit. Please keep a chair’s distance between you and those not in your family.
Even though our café is closed, please feel free to bring your own coffee to service! However, we ask that you take your cup (along with any tissues, paper, trash) with your when you leave.
We will continue to broadcast our services as we have been prior to and during quarantine. However, the time will change to accommodate two services. We will broadcast on our site ,YouTube and Facebook at 11:15am.
If you are an at-risk individual or are uncomfortable with gathering in public, we encourage you to attend our online service. Regardless of your choice, you are a part of The River Family and we love you!
This is our current plan. However, this situation is fluid and we remain flexible to make any changes that are necessary. You can stay up-to-date by checking your emails from us, the push notifications from The River app, updates on Facebook, or calling the church office.
We appreciate your prayerful support as we purpose to follow Holy Spirit through uncharted territory. It is our heart’s desire to honor Him in all we do. And we want to honor each other as we respect our differing views on this crisis. Please understand if others do not wish to touch as you visit in the parking lot. Please choose not to be offended if someone chooses not to wear a mask. Let’s meet each other where we are at and refuse to let the enemy divide us as we work to advance the Kingdom together.
We love you and are praying for you.