River Ministry Work Day (Family Work Night)
Join us for a work day at our River Ministry Center! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer for this day!
Family Work Day Guidelines
Your family will be responsible for cleaning a room in the River Ministry Center and will be provided a checklist of items to accomplish in your room. You can do as much as you can in the allotted time or until the kiddos get restless. We will just be asking that you use the check list so we know where you left off.
- All kids under 16 should stay in the room with their family (unless going to the restroom or something like that).
- For safety, do not let kids run through halls or construction areas.
- Parents should be with their children when leaving the room to go to the bathroom or get a drink of water.
- Childcare is not provided. Infants or toddlers who should not be around cleaners/supplies or who could be injured in work areas should not attend this work day.
Our room cleaning approach will be to start at the top and work our way to the bottom. Specific cleaners and items will be available for each task. If you’re not sure what to use, please ask your team leader. If you need more supplies, please ask your team leader.
- Ceiling tiles should be checked and bad ones (painted, water stained) should be removed.
- Remove items from walls (posters, art work, pencil sharpeners). Use tools to get off tough stuck on items. If you’re unsure about removing an item, ask your group leader. Certain items like clocks and white boards will be staying on the walls.
- Dust out cob webs and wash walls.
- Wash white boards.
- Clean windows and window sills (bugs tend to get piled up in there).
- Clean closet and cupboard areas, getting in all the nooks and crannies.
- Wipe down door and door handles.
- Clean off any furniture remaining in the room.
- Scrub base board or base of floors for built-up dirt and dust.
- Sweep floor.
- Mop floor.
- Place any furniture in the middle of the room so we are ready to prep for painting.
Please write down any items that need to be repaired or replaced and note the room number. This will allow us to start prioritizing the items we need to work on to allow access to the room. Also, please note how many ceiling tiles that were removed, so we have a total count on them.